Stoke Poges Campus has a forward thinking ideal in providing for the Special Educational Needs of every individual student. Special education is provided for those identified with a specific learning difficulty and also those who demonstrate a gift or talent for a specified subject.
Trained members of staff assisted by community volunteers ensure that teaching and learning activities are adjusted and, where necessary varied, in accordance with individual need so that full potential can be realised. The Learning Support Team are fully engaged in ensuring that the Special Educational Provision is a consistent and evolving process, with a collective responsibility from all staff, in order to support the
students to become independent students who are proficient and responsible.
Gifted and talented young people are considered fully by the organisation of a sensitively chosen enrichment curriculum providing additional challenge and scope for further development. In this way they too are supported in their progress to enable them to achieve their full potential along with all others.
1. We maintain correct documentation and accountability.
2. We have strong parent/teacher/student links.
3. We have a strategic overview and co-ordinated approach.
4. We carry out mentoring and learning conversations.
5. We work on reading development.
6. We use effective and appropriate resourcing.
7. We use assessment as a means to measure a student’s current needs and abilities.
8. We maintain a whole school policy of support.
9. We plan careful, sensitive and accurate target setting, monitoring and evaluating.
10. We build on and promote the inclusion and support of all students.