Our vision is to be a world class school. We aim to achieve this through the daily pursuit of excellence and the commitment of all staff, students, parents and trustees to our core values which we refer to as our
‘Pillars of Excellence’.
Our core values are Respect, Responsibility, Fairness, and Determination.
Our vision is summed up in our mission ‘The Pursuit of Personal and academic excellence; everyone, every day.’ for us, the ‘and’ is absolutely critical; high attainment in core skills is a pre-requisite for success in secondary school, and beyond.
However, just as important are the other skills – the ability to ‘self-manage’, to communicate clearly with others, to know who you are and to have ambition. We define this as ‘personal development’ and actively teach our pupils these skills.
We passionately believe that ALL children should achieve well at Stoke Poges Campus, regardless of gender or ability.
‘Every day in every classroom when every student is learning and achieving, within a safe, supportive, inclusive and disciplined learning environment, only then we are unified in the pursuit of excellence’.
Here at Stoke Poges campus, at home and in our community, excellence is generally described as the quality we accomplish. This is a goal to obtain; a set of rules to follow, examination grades to achieve, values we wish to have and live by.
- We must give our absolute best effort every time.
- We must persist through ups and downs associated with becoming our best.
- There will be times when obstacles seem insurmountable.
- We must remember that anything worth doing is worth doing well.
- We have to be willing to push a little harder and to reach beyond where we are right now.
- Striving to improve and to create new personal benchmarks.
Respect & Kindness
- Working together for the same purpose
- Respecting our environment
- Respecting teach other
- Respect the opinions of others
- Communicate with consideration
Justice & Fairness
- All staff and students are given a voice and should feel confident expressing their views.
- A support system for all; every member of the school community treated as an individual.
- Take responsibility
- Invest in Stoke Poges campus by going the extra mile.
- All students to be role models
- Producing work which showcases you well.
Determination & Commitment
- Overcoming any barriers we face
- Being positive