Focus Schools employ professional teaching staff with experience in both the state and independent sector and also make provision for NQTs.
We recruit people for attitude and train for skills
We aim to recruit outstanding people. We would rather make no appointment than appoint someone who is not suited to our ethos. For this reason we try to articulate clearly our vision, values and expectations when putting together information for applicants.
We aim to recruit staff who:
- are excited by their role and by the prospect of working with young people of all abilities;
- love the processes of learning and teaching and are keen to continually develop their own skills;
- recognize that teaching can be a demanding job but get on with it rather than complaining;
- will subscribe to the ethos of the Trust and go the extra mile in terms of time and commitment to get the very best from our students;
- see break duty as an opportunity to talk to students;
- are quick to praise and slow to criticize;
- are not afraid to admit to seeing themselves as potential leaders of the future.
We always give a lot of attention to appointing the right person.
We value our staff and endeavour to provide:
- TPS pension scheme where relevant
- A high quality and relevant program of CPD
- Enjoyable, collegiate working conditions & staff breakout areas with modern facilities
- Supportive and professional leadership both within the school from Senior teachers and from the CEO team
- Generous financial remuneration